Monday, February 15, 2010
8:43 PM | Posted by Sweep Commander | Edit Post
One day belated, admittedly.
This pair of gulls marked the romantic occasion by giving us our first glimpse of gull copulation this year. Oh, the romance!
Better videos of gull mating to come.
We also observed the falcon pair roosting together on the water tower, the first time we've seen them share a perch since they arrived in mid-November. When I pointed this out to Park Ranger John Cantwell, he smiled and said "Of course they're sitting together. It's Valentine's Day, after all!"
- Our peregrine pair: Birders love them. Birds do no...
- Fem peregrine takes a pigeon
- Falcon News and Lucky the WEGU!
- Feeding Frenzy!
- Bird Census: House Finch
- A MAGANRORD Valentine
- Happy Valentines Day from the Birds of MAGANRORD!
- Welcome To Hell: A Brief Primer On WEGU Social Rea...
- Tomb of the Cormorants!
- Where to begin?
- MAGANRORD BIRD CENSUS: Double-Crested Cormorant
- Midweek Mystery Meal
- ▼ February (12)