Wednesday, March 24, 2010
12:12 PM | Posted by Sweep Commander | Edit Post
Our tiercel has become very secretive, but when he is visible, he's having a great time.
He goes about life doing exactly what I might were I given an hour in a falcon's body. Our bird passes the time by messing with gulls in extravagant aerial combat.
We observed him doing so yesterday around 6 pm near the dock.
On a more boring note, I've finally begun to identify which subspecies of Canada goose are present on the island. So far, it's just the 'common' variety. Booooring. I have seen one pair of smaller geese on the island. I'm hoping to have pictures of those up soon, hopefully with an identification.
- Don't mind us while we rest for a bit...
- Tiercel still around, cryptic, gleefully terrorizi...
- Tiercel remains elusive, except to a few unfortuna...
- They should be saving it for the peregrines and ra...
- Falcon dines again (Also: Comments Fixed!)
- Could Alcatraz have three peregrine falcons!?!
- Falcons? Yeah, we've got that
- Photos from the week:
- Dead bird update
- Two days without falcons
- Where did they go?
- ▼ March (11)